I hereby authorize The Hair Shop, Inc. to use my likeness in a photograph and/or video in any and all of its publications, including but not limited to all The Hair Shop printed and digital publications. I understand and agree that any photograph using my likeness will become property of The Hair Shop, Inc. and will not be returned.
I authorize The Hair Shop, Inc. to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute this photo for purposes of publicizing The Hair Shop, Inc. Extension Master Class programs or for any other lawful purpose. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein my likeness appears. I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph and/or video.
I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge The Hair Shop, Inc. from any claims, demands, and causes of action.
I acknowledge that I have completely read and fully understand the above release and fully agree to be bound thereby, I hereby release any and all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material for educational/publicizing purposes.
Whereas, the Company engages in the business of providing professional beauty services to the public. Whereas, I have represented that I have expertise in the area of services required by the Company and am not affiliated and/or employed by and with any of its competitors. Whereas, because of the Company's established clientele (and/or potential to create an established clientele), ability to develop and maintain clients, facilities, business and technical knowledge, company image and reputation, I desire to be a student of the Extension Master Class Program and/or Refresher Course provided by the Company subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Whereas, I recognize that I will receive in consideration for signing this Agreement initial or continued training and reputation enhancement that may result from the Extension Master Class Program and/or Refresher Course Program. Now, therefore, for the good and valuable consideration stated above, the parties to this Agreement intending to be legally bound, agree as follows:
The following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Company” shall mean The Hair Shop Inc. location which headquarters address is 1258 N. Highland Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90038 and its affiliates to which are subject to promote the Company’s techniques outside of this address within its company grounds of corporate and/or franchise locations and are subject to teach and practice the foregoing techniques appropriate to each course at various locations.
"Confidential Information" shall mean client lists, client prospect material, price lists, rate structures, sales and profit data, marketing strategies and information, and any other information of a technical, financial or business nature now or hereafter existing, developed or developing that is unique to the Company and/or provides the Company with a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Including but not limited to upcoming products and techniques pertaining to but not bound to hair extensions and tools, elements of unique products and practices shared during the Extension Master Class and/or Refresher Course. Confidential information does not include any information or material that is generally known by the public.
“Competitors” and “Potential Competitors” shall mean all but not limited companies in the current or future business of hair extension products, tools, its manufacturers, retailers, and affiliates.
2. Non-Disclosure of Confidential Information
- I recognize that the Company's Confidential Information is considered confidential and constitutes trade secrets unique to the Company and the cosmetology industry.
- I acknowledge and agree that the Company's Confidential Information was and will continue to be developed, acquired and compiled by the Company at great effort and expense and is the property of the Company. In addition, I acknowledge and agree that this Confidential Information is valuable, special and unique. I understand that the Confidential Information could be adapted for use by other businesses competitive with the Company if made available to them. I acknowledge that the Company operates in a competitive environment and the Confidential Information is valuable. I am aware that material and irreparable injury would be done to the Company if the Confidential Information was disclosed to third parties, particularly Competitors or Potential Competitors.
- I understand that I will become familiar with the Company's Confidential Information, which will necessarily be disclosed to me as part of my attendance and participation with the Company’s Extension Master Class Program and/or Refresher Course.
- I agree to treat all Confidential Information in a secret and confidential manner at all times during and after my Extensions Master Class certification. I agree not to make use of or disclose any Confidential Information, directly or indirectly, for any purpose whatsoever, to any Competitors or Potential Competitors including its affiliates, employees, and/or family members of the foregoing without specific written authorization from the Company, either during my attendance upon registry or after my certification with the Company’s Extension Master Class Program and/ or Refresher Course.
- I shall use the Company’s Confidential Information only as necessary and proper in the context of performing the duties as a hairdresser, as a freelance employee or salon employee for no companies and affiliates that can conflict with this Agreement including Competitors and Potential Competitors.
- I understand that the obligations of confidentiality do not apply to any information which is now published or which subsequently becomes generally publicly known, unless the information became public as a direct or indirect result of my breach of this Section 2.
- By signing this agreement, I disclose my noninvolvement with any other hair extension retailer, manufacturer or its affiliates.
3. Disclosure Authorization
In order to protect the Company's interests under this Agreement, I authorize the Company to disclose the existence of this Agreement and its terms to any third party with whom I may have or consider establishing a relationship, and the Company shall bear no liability for such disclosure.
4. Complete Understanding
This Agreement contains the entire understanding of the parties and all prior agreements or promises pertaining to the subject matter of this Agreement merge with this Agreement. This Agreement may not be altered, amended or modified without the written consent and signature to the new version of the Agreement by both parties.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE ABOVE AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY AND HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASK QUESTIONS OF AND TO THE HAIR SHOP, INC. AND AN ATTORNEY OF MY CHOICE ABOUT THIS AGREEMENT. I CERTIFY THAT I UNDERSTAND AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO EACH PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT.